How can I create a Mars One community profile?
If you support Mars One by making a one-time donation or by ordering merchandise through our webshop, you will be able to create a profile on our community platform with the Transaction ID of your payment. If you’ve supported Mars One by creating a monthly donation subscription, you’ll be able to create an account within one month after your subscription.
Learn more on how to become part of the Mars One community and be able to create an account on the How this works page.
I am a monthly Mars One supporter, why can't I create an account?
Each month, new monthly supporters of our human mission to Mars will be added to our platform.You will receive a personal invitation with a code to create a community account. That means it could take up to a month before you will be able to create an account with your personal code.
What do the different badges represent?
You can earn different kinds of badges:
- Supporter badges: There are different levels of support, indicated as Level I, Level II and Level III. There is an anonymous supporter badge that will not indicate your level.
- Applicant and candidate badges: When you are registered as an astronaut applicant, you will receive an applicant or candidate badge showing which selection round you are in. The badge will also show what year you entered the astronaut selection program.
- Monthly donor badge: This badge shows you support Mars One’s mission by donating monthly.
- Crowdfunding badge: This badge shows you have supported Mars One’s Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign.
- Merchandise badge: If you have purchased merchandise from Mars One’s online store, you will receive this badge.
- Benefactor badge: A prestigious badge reserved only for our biggest supporters.
What are supporter points?
As part of the Mars One community, you will receive points that represent the degree of your support to Mars One’s mission. These points will appear on your account after you claim them, but you can choose to keep them private, so they will not be shown on your public profile.
The calculation of the supporter points works as follows. You will receive:
- 1 point for every dollar spent by ordering merchandise from our online store
- 2 points for every dollar spent by making a one-time donation
- 3 points for every dollar spent by making a monthly donation
- 2 points for every dollar spent by contributing to a Mars One’s crowdfunding campaign
- 100 points when you have successfully entered the Mars One astronaut selection program as an applicant in 2013
How do I get rewards?
As you gain more supporter points, you can reach a new level of support. After certain levels are reached, you will be able to unlock various rewards! Find the levels for rewards below:
- After 300 points a supporter earns a hard copy thank you certificate
- After 1000 points a supporter earns a beautiful Mars One glass block
- After 3000 points a supporter can earn a signed Mars One T-Shirt
- After 10,000 points a supporter can earn a ticket to the Mars One event
Why do I get rewards?
Mars One really appreciates the support provided by their supporters. In order to express their gratitude, Mars One offers rewards to their supporters for the supporter points they have earned. Every individual donation and contribution, big or small, Mars One is one step closer to its goal: to place the first humans on Mars.
Is my profile visible online?
By default, your account will be set to private. This means it is not publicly available, and other people cannot view it. You can make your profile public (this means visible for anyone to see) but you can also choose to keep it private. You can change the visibility of your profile at any time.
Can I delete my profile?
Yes. Please keep in mind you cannot undo this action! After you have deleted your account, you will no longer be eligible for exclusive community benefits.
I forgot my password, how can I select a new password?
You can reset your password here. We will send you an e-mail with a link to change your password.
If you did not receive the password reset e-mail, please check your spam filter. If the e-mail is not in your spam filter, you can contact us here.